View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 03:04 PM
Administrator

Welcome to cruise-chat.

Quote:
I am trying to decide between the Eastern Carribean (St. Maarten, San Juan and Labridee) or Western Carribean (Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, Cozumel) trips that the Liberty of the Seas offers. Who has been on these cruises, and which do you think may be the better Ports of Call?
It really depends on what you want to do in the ports. Better is subjective. Labadee is a private beach resort owned by Royal Caribbean. It is a beach day with water activities, two zip lines, and a picnic lunch. Grand Cayman and Cozumel are major snorkeling and diving destinations although they also have other things to do such as Mayan ruin tours in Cozumel. Ocho Rios is mostly about climbing Dunn's River Falls. I personally can't stand the place anymore. St. Maarten is beaches and shopping. San Juan is more a cultural stop to me, with shopping and interesting tours to the Barcardi rum factory and wandering around Old San Juan.

Generally, western Caribbean cruises are for water sports and eastern itineraries are more touristy in a classic sense. I prefer the western runs. Cozumel is my favorite stop in the Caribbean. I also like Labadee, even more so now that they built a pier.