Originally posted by CruiseStudent:
Hello, I am a student at The Ohio State University. I am doing a project that requires me to do market research on "cruise addicts" and I was hoping you guys could help me out! I've put together a short survey (I'm no survey expert so its not great) that I hope might give me a little insight into the world of the cruise addict. I'd love to hear all the information you all have available on your cruising habits, and thanks in advance for helping me out!
1. Age: 48
2. Sex: Male/Female Male
3. Marital Status: Solo
4. Approximately how frequently do you visit this site? other cruising sites? every 12 hours
5. Do you consider yourself a cruise addict? If so, how and when did you realize? No, just my preferred vacation choise
6. How would you define Cruise addiction? Stowaway in lifeboat
7. How many cruises have you taken in the past year? 3 years? 2
8. How do you quench your thirst for all things cruise related? Plan my cruises in detail from room selection, ship, line, activities, etc.
9. Would you have any interest in a humour book about cruise addiction? Interest, yes, probably read it in the library
10. How do you book your cruises? through the internet? travel agent? Either way, I look for the best price
11. Do you frequently or have you ever purchase reading material while on board the ship? No time to read. I've brought reading materials, but never get a chance to read them. I would not buy anything more than a newspaper on board
12. How often do you read cruise blogs and why? For the information? Entertainment? If, when you say blogs, you mean venues such as this, then 2x daily. I don't know what cruise blogs you refer to
13. Do you prefer books/magazines or the internet for obtaining cruise information? Brochure, internet, travel agent. Their information is most current. Books, while entertaining rarely have current info re port, new ships, recent passenger experiences
14. As an avid cruiser, how do you keep yourself occupied between each cruise? I work hard for a living, I have family responsibilities, I do volunteer work, life is really hectic and full
I hope this isn't too lengthy, I appreciate your help!