View Single Post
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 01-01-2003, 01:01 PM
cruiseman cruiseman is offline
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 56
1/ It is a fact that not all State governments issue birth certificates with a raised seal. NC is one of them.
2. If you do not have an original birth certificate, it is best to request a duplicate from the government authority that issued the original. This duplicate may have a seal on it but not necessarily raised. As long as it is an official governement document, it will be acceptable along with your driving license for identification.
3/ Get a passport. I am convinced that in the not too distant future, all travelers outside of the USA will require one. It will certainly help prevent any potential problems concerning your ID. Cruiseman