Thread: Anniversary
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 08:01 PM

Hey Chuckles,

Congrats on anniversary. We were just on the Emerald during Dec 20 to Dec 27. Lovely time. Lovely ship. Identical to her sister Crown Princess which we sailed in May in Eastern Med. Book the Crown Grill as soon as you board ship - that way you will be guaranteed your evening. In terms of excursions, I usually always wait until I get on the ship, however, this past xmas a lot of the popular excursions on the very same itinerary as yours (same islands) were sold out. So, in future, during high time, I will book in advance. You should be fine however in Feb (of course, I am wondering if it is spring break for some universities - best to book excursions in advance). We missed Orient Beach excursion - sold out. There were 19,000 people on St. Maarten the day we arrived. Oasis of Seas was in port as well as three other ships in addition to the Emerald. Traffic was nightmarish and we decided to stay close to ship and teenagers had a blast seadooing and along side the ship. I thought we were in an RCCL commercial. Ha Ha. Beach right there after you have taken the little water taxi $6 unlimited all day. St. Thomas we took tour of island and Magen's Bay. Wonderful vistas. Grand Turk - we snorkelled at the Beach beside the pier. We brought our own snorkelling equipment. Teenagers loved that and the waverider at the Beach. You have a lovely itinerary as did we had. Princess Cays very relaxing. Lovely beach and a nice BBQ. We did not rent clamshells because was not overly sunny. You will love the ship. Great hot tub at back of ship. No one ever there at night. It was like being in my own hot tub on my deck. Funny how no one was usuing it. Have a great time. I can't wait to sail her again.