View Single Post
Old 06-11-2003, 12:40 PM

My friend and I cruised the Western Caribbean on the Grand Princess this year. It was Grand. We really enjoyed our swim with the stingrays at Stingray beach. We had also booked a swim with the Dolphins, but bad weather (we went in January) prevented that. All ground tours were cancelled that day and we just had to shop. We found the food really excellent. We preferred to have set dining rather than free style. I didn't enjoy the wait in lines for free style and we changed after the second night. After the Maitre d sat us (two single women) at a table for two. Not what we had planned. The spa was delicious especially the massages. Service was excellent. We found the entertainment excellent as well. There was absolutely NOTHING for singles to do. So we just enjoyed the trip on our own. We were finally seated with three wonderful couples from all over the county, with whom we stay in touch. It was a very family friendly ship and I would highly recommend it to those traveling with children. But the kids never bothered us, plenty for them to do. We booked our ground tours on the internet on our own. Very pleased with all.
I've been on five other cruises and this ranks very high.
Enjoy.