View Single Post
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11-15-2007, 01:26 PM
Sonny V's Avatar
Sonny V Sonny V is offline
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Racine, Wisconsin
Posts: 4,906
What you're asking about is called "Transderm Scop" travel patches. A prescription is needed because the patches contain an anticholinergic agent called scopolamine. The patch is placed behind your ear and is good for 72 hours. You're suppose to put in on 4 hours prior to traveling. My wife has been using these for years and has never been sea sick. You may want to ask your pharmacist about how to get a prescription. Another recommended remedy is Ginger root. You can get them in capsules at a health food store. Some people say the wristband works for them. From experience, I know the patch works in rough seas. In calmer seas, I believe anything will work.