View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 07:50 AM

We know all these ports well (generally do them on our own) but can offer some suggestions for a first time visitor. Lets do it by priority. Kusadasi would be the most important place to have a great tour to Ephesus. Personally, we hate all the cruise line tours because they have large groups (often 50) and will often waste valuable time taking you to jewelry factories, shopping, etc. There is good shopping in Kusadasi right across the street from the port (you can walk on your own). My suggestion is that you book a private tour (no more money than a cruise tour) and I would give a strong recommendation to a well-known company called "Ekol" which you can find via Google. We were just in Kusadasi last month (our 4th visit) and tried Ekol with a private guide (for just the two of us) and loved every minute. It was our third visit to the ruins but we loved doing it with our own personal guide. I will post info on the other ports over the next few weeks for you (we are currently driving through France and Italy and have time issues).

Hank