View Single Post
Old 09-02-2002, 09:49 PM

Greetings! I have much enjoyed reading the reviews here, but would like to hear from those who have been on a cruise at Christmas time.

I'm going on my first cruise December 22-26 on Sovereign of the Seas with my Mother (61) and sister (39), (I'm 33) We thought this would be a great alternative to the hustle and bustle of having company, cooking, etc....

I have gotten some good ideas as for "extras" for the RCI staff, such as phone cards and candy, and presenting tips in non-denomination types of holiday greeting cards. I have heard the atmosphere will be festive for the holidays, but there might be some resentment on beahlf of the staff due to them missing family during this time of the year....

I guess what I'm also looking for is how do people dress for the dinners? Are activities different from "regular" cruise activities? Are the shows different, how about menus items in the dining room? What will the weather be like this time of year at CoCo Cay and Bahamas?

I do not intend on wearing a formal dress at all, but am looking forward to dressing up. Is the first night very casual in the dining room?

Thanks a bunch!

Dana