Thread: New to Hal
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 11:30 AM

I can understand not wanting anything too strenuous. Grand Turk built a really nice terminal area with shops and a beach area right there. I'm sure you could find or rent an umbrella, because the lounge chairs were free when we were there in December. In Tortola, we did 2 great catamaran sail/snorkels, which she might be interested in just the catamaran sail part. Also, we took a cab around the island. He took us to a restaurant that overlooked where the Caribbean and the Atlantic met. It was beautiful, you could honestly see like a line in the water from the different shades of blue. He then took us to a beach on the northwest side of the island. There was some shade available and it was a nice beach. Some locals were selling beer from their coolers for $1/ea. I've not done the tour of the Baths on Virgin Gorda, so I don't know how strenuous that is, but I've heard it's a great tour. My normal suggestion for St. Thomas is to take the ferry to St. John and a cab to Trunk Bay because it is so beautiful there, but the travel might be too much for Jerri. Magen's Bay, Coki Beach and Sapphire Beach are on the island of St. Thomas and they are nice beaches. Sapphire has a lot of small rocks to cross while getting into the water and the water is choppy if the wind is high, but it is a pretty beach and they will rent lounge chairs. I personally prefer Magen's Bay, but that's my opinion only. We've also taken some great catamaran sail/snorkels, again she might like the sailing part. Half Moon Cay is beautiful and it should be a great relaxing beach day. If you're into shopping, St. Thomas is the best place for bargains. Once again, my prayers are with you and your wife. This is the best cure I can think of!