Thread: tipping
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2002, 02:54 PM
Banned

DON'T LET THE NO TIPPING REQUIRED ON HAL FOOL YOU. IT MAY NOT BE "REQIURED" BUT THEY DO DEPEND ON IT. AT FIRST YOU ARE LED TO BELIEVE THAT TIPS ARE INCLUDED IN THE PRICE OF THE CRUISE. IT IS NOT. THEIR PHILOSOPHY IS THAT GREAT SERVICE SHOULD NOT BE BOUGHT WITH A TIP. THEY REMIND YOU CONSTANTLY THAT TIPS ARE NOT REQUIRED BUT THEY ARE APPRECIATED. THE EMPLOYEES ON THESE SHIPS DO DEPEND ON TIPS AND IN SOME CASES IT IS THEIR ONLY INCOME. THE AMOUNT THAT THEY ARE TIPPED ACCORDING TO THE GUIDELINES DOES NOT AMOUNT TO MUCH. 15% IS ADDED TO ALL BAR BILLS. THIS MAKES IT EASY AND IS ALSO A BARGAIN. YOU GET A BEER AND THE COST IS ABOUT $3.50. SO THE TIP IS $.52 IF YOU WERE IN A BAR YOU WOULD PROBABLY GIVE THE SERVER A FIVE SPOT AND TELL THEM THANKS. I KNEW ONE COUPLE THAT DID NOT LEAVE ANY TIP AT ALL. THEY SAID WE WILL NEVER SEE THEM AGAIN. THEY NEVER SEEN THEIR LUGGAGE AGAIN. THEY SPENT 4 HOURS LOOKING FOR LUGGAGE, AND MISSED THEIR FLIGHT HOME. HAD TO PAY FOR A MOTEL, AND HAD TO FLY STANDBY TO GET HOME PLUS A FEW OTHER PENALTIES. THEY GOT $500 FOR THE LOST LUGGAGE FROM THE INSURANCE COVERAGE. THEY LOST ALL OF THEIR CLOTHING, THEIR LUGGAGE CASES, PERSONAL ITEMS AND ALL THE ITEMS THEY BOUGHT ON THE TRIP. WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND. PAY ME NOW OR PAY ME LATER.