View Single Post
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-08-2010, 05:31 PM
Dave's Avatar
Dave Dave is offline
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Alabama
Posts: 18,001
A driver's license will suffice. The ship will tell you "a photo ID and your cruise card" will be needed to leave and return to the ship. A copy of your passport might confuse the guards. I know we've talked about passport copies in the past on this forum. My thinking is that a passport copy is useful if something happens ashore and you need to provide information to the police, local immigration authorities, or the U.S. Embassy/Consulate.

In the ports you listed I have always brought my license as my official ID.