View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 07:38 PM

Hey Candace R,

Have not been on the Freedom of the Seas, but did sail the Independence which I am pretty sure it pretty much same as FoS. Regular coffee was free everywhere on ship. Specialties - Seattles Best if I recall was a charge. There was no coffee card for specialty coffees the way there is with Princess. Soda card was somewhere in the range of six dollars per day I recall. The ice skating show is awesome. The cruise daily newsletter will let you know what time to line up outside Sorrentos on the Promenade Deck to get your free tickets. Be there at least one hour before the time they say. Otherwise, you will not get your choice. We ate in Chops I believe it was for an extra $25 per person and I found food great but my husband thought it was similar to the dining room so why spend the extra money. We had on board credit so it did not matter. The Promenade is a great place to while away the the evening people watching. One of the nights there was a Disco Saturday Night Fever party on the Promenade and it was fabulous. All in all RCCL puts out a great product. We made use of the NEXT Cruise reservation while on board and put down a deposit for a future cruise of $100 per person and it gives us onboard credit for our next cruise, which we have reserved just yesterday for Liberty of the Seas during March break 2011. YOU CAN'T BUT HAVE A GREAT TIME. TAKE IT ALL IN STRIDE. CHEERS.