Thread: Spirit
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2002, 06:54 PM

We took the Spirit through the Panama Canal and Mexican Riviera in April, and were not pleased with the whole "Spirit" experience. I might add that this was the cruise preceeding them cutting the Hawaiian cruise short by 4 days, and canceling out the following cruise due to airconditioning and elevator problems. We experienced both on numerous occasions, but they didn't want to hear of it. I don't remember if there were irons in the laundry room. The laundry rooms were terribly small, and you had to almost take a number to get a machine. 2 machines and 4 dryers with no place to sit and wait. I arrived at 6:30 on a sea day, and got back to the room about 1 PM. I would really suggest that you "roll-pack" your clothes. This prevents wrinkling. We didn't stop at La Paz, but did in Cobo. Cobo is a tendered port, and the tender drivers leave a lot to be desired. Unloading was especially difficult, as they had everyone meeting in the theater for whatever tour they had, and then everyone going for the tenders at the same time. If you are not on a ship tour, you will have to get a tender time slip, which will allow you to get off the ship in the first place. Tours have top priority. We took the glass factory tour, and I can't recall the price. Cobo is certainly not what we anticipated when you see it on TV. People that did snorkeling all had the same comment, water was freezing. From what we understand, the water is usually cold there, not what you would think it should be. As a whole, the Mexican Riviera was not what we anticipated, with the exception of Puerto Vallarta which was very beautiful, and very clean. If I can be of any further help, don't hesitate to ask. Have Fun! Sue