View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 10:26 AM

Since my daughter now sails form this port I have signed up for the Port of Chalreston Newletter. Wow an email every time a ship comes to port. Who knew. Every time the Fantasy come to port it tells me this:

"From about 11 am until the embarkation process is completed, a small portion of Concord Street will be closed from north of Market Street to the intersection south of Hasell Street on Washington Street. During the embarkation, for access to and from areas just north of Union Pier Terminal, drivers are encouraged to use Calhoun and Laurens streets."

So if you are driving in beware that some streets are closed, GPS use may not know this

They also make a note for early luggage drop off:

"Early luggage drop-off for the Fantasy's sailing begins at 9 am. For detailed passenger information, including instructions and guidelines, click here."

I see the link did not copy But clearly there is some provision to drop off luggage early

And thanks for the other info, That will be a big help in planning our first trip to Charleston. We are planning to drive. I will have to ask my daughter if she has to take the shuttle when she parks her car. I bet she does, and if it's the same one, then a treat to come in late will be that cruise personall will be on the shuttle with you, in disguise of course, they look like regular people with a ID badge around thier necks HAHA