View Single Post
Old 12-26-2005, 05:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Raoul Fiebig:
TERESAW2798,

welcome to Cruise-Chat.com.

The "Regal Empress" (which is a ship, by the way, not a boat!) was built in 1953.

Just last week, the ship scored a near-perfect score with the CDC's Vessel Sanitation Program. It is a great old liner if you like ships of that vintage that have a true soul. If you want a new ship and plan to go for the price only, I would suggest looking at alternatives. It really is a matter of taste. Personally, I love vintage liners, but I know many people who don't (which is fine, as well).
Raoul-I noticed your review of the "Regal Empress." I received a gift opportunity to cruise on that ship to the Bahamas, and I'm a bit concerned as a first timer on a cruise. I don't need the bells and whistles of the huge ships, but I must be sure that this ship is in great shape and will provide us with a safe and enjoyable cruise experience. I will be travelling with my 73 yr.old Mother, and I want to make sure that the food and activities are great. Are the rooms air conditioned?Food good?Anything else I should know? I did see a review on another website which gave it 1/2 astar, out of a possible 5 stars, and I panicked! Feel free to notify me at cindyebrennecke@aol.com. Thank you so much for any info!!