View Single Post
Old 10-10-2002, 04:50 PM

I was on the Destiny in early April. My best friend and I left our hubby's at home and off we went. We were on their last S. Caribbean cruise that stopped at Guadaloupe and Antigua.
Started in Puerto Rico. Went on rainforest tour - very interesting, very informative, great tour guide. Little walking.
First stop St. Thomas. Beautiful island. Great shopping. Took the island tour to the top of the island and walked down. Not too strenuous. Don't waste time taking pictures of Blackbeards' Castle. After everyone takes their photos, the guide tells you the place has NOTHING to do with Blackbeard! Rode the tram near the dock - beautiful views from the top.
Next stop was Antigua. Pretty, not much to do there. They have eliminated it from their route. Next stop was Guadaloupe. Awful. Dirty. Scary. Rude people. Walked two blocks into shopping and turned around and went back on ship. Worst place I have EVER been. Also eliminated from itinerary. Last stop - Aruba. Again, took sightseeing tour. Beautiful island. Would not mind staying there for a week. Town is great. Clean and pretty. Nice people.
As far as the ship goes: was our second Carnival cruise and I enjoyed it every bit as much as our trip on the Inspiration. Was clean, never waited in line for more than a few seconds for an elevator (except after dinner trying to get to entertainment venue). Plenty of elevators. Carnival upgraded us to a balcony - awesome. To get room service in the morning and watch the sun come up while you are having coffee on your balcony is amazing. One mistake we made is when we ordered morning room service for the first time, we figured that if you ordered "coffee" it would be for one person, so we ordered 2 "coffee's" and two "rolls and muffins". Guess what - each order was more than enough for two people, so we could have had a party.
Neither of us drink, so did not have bar bills. I loved the ship, the food, the people, the room, the islands - everything. Go and have a great time!!!

ME R