View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 08:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Aoumd:
...so I'm booked just by myself, not through any organized trip, to take a cruise this fall the same week a major singles' cruise operator is doing a major singles' cruise on another ship for the same cruise line and same part of the world (albiet a different cruise length). While I'm not cruising specifically to meet other singles, I definitely wouldn't mind that. My question is: if a MAJOR organized singles' cruise is going on, does this usually have an impact on the number of singles aboard other cruise ships that week? Like, does the high concentration of singles aboard the one ship with the organized event cause a decrease in the number aboard other ships in the market? Or am I just being an obsessively over-analytical business major from college?

I don't know the answer to that question but if I had to guess, I would say that a singles cruise will have no impact on your cruise. You said your cruise is of a different length. Therefore, your cruise will have the solos that want to cruise for that specific amount of time.

Also, many singles/solos do not participate in commercial group single cruises for any number of reasons. Single cruises will attract one type of cruiser and regular cruises will attract another.

Everyone does not enjoy being part of a "group" atmosphere. I don't care for "group activities". I am one who would rather wing it on my own.

Which is better is a matter of personal preference.

If your cruise is less than 7 days, you will have a decent number of solo cruisers. Not as many as a major group cruise company but enough to find good company.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Victory, CCL Imagination, CCL Victory

Past Cruzes: RCCL Navigator, RCCL Majesty, CCL Destiny,
Glory (2007),Liberty (2007), Fantasy (2007), Destiny (2006), PofAm (2005), Inspiration (2005), Fascination (2004), Victory (2004), Fascination (2004), RCCL VOS(2003), Fantasy (1999)