View Single Post
Old 02-15-2003, 08:07 AM

I am traveling on the same itinerary as you but not until Nov. We have 3 kids (16, 7, 4) and have done research to see what there is. We don't want to do a ship excursion because it seems too costly w/all of the people that we have to pay for. You can take a taxi ($15) or public bus ($.80/pp)to West End Village. Takes approx 25/30 min. There is shopping, diving shops and restaurants here. You can either stay here to swim & dive or take a water taxi ($1.20/pp) to West Bay Beach. Takes approx 5 min. You can also take a land taxi here but I am told that you shouldn't miss the water taxi because you are going over the beautiful water. The beaches/snorkeling on West Bay are supposed to be the most beautiful. Plop down on the beach and relax or rent snorkeling equipment. Some of the hotels have day use of their beach area. The cheapest I found was Foster's for $10/pp use of the palapas (thing you sit under for some shade)showers, 1 free drink. They also have a restaurant, bar and snorkeling gear for extra. I got this info from www.roatanet.com