View Single Post
Old 11-12-2002, 10:29 PM

Hi David,
Glad you answered, as I disagree in part with the last post. First of all, where are you from, as that might play a factor into my suggestions. There's other advantages of going from North to South, and that's the location of where the ships pull into, a seaport town called Seward, which is 2 1/2 hours South of Anchorage, where you would have to fly home from. Anchorage in 4 hour time difference from the East Coast, and due to the time that it takes to get to the airport, don't plan on a flight out before 2PM (6 PM Eastern time). If you go North to South, you will land in Vancouver or better still, Seattle, both with a 3 hour difference. Takes about 1/2 to 3/4 hour to get to Vancouver airport, and we got our return flight home about noon (3 PM Eastern time). Makes a huge difference when flying home. Did you want to do land in Alaska as well? Let me know on that respect. I believe Princess is starting Seattle round trips to Alaska. Not sure if it's next year or the year after. You won't get up as high in the state. Let me know just where you live, or if there's another way to contact you directly. That might be easier. Regardless of which way to go, I always go a day before, just in case plane cancellations or storms, etc. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]