View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 03:50 PM

Hi everyone - I have cruised Carnival Celebration (on honeymoon 1987 - eastern caribbean) and Grand Princess with husband and daughters (3 or 4 yrs ago - western carib). Now going with best friend who has never taken a cruise before. I am going to Florida to visit friends week before cruise and best friend is flying in for cruise and we're driving back to NY together after cruise. Because of limited funds we're looking for 5 night cruise. The kicker is if my friend flies from NY to Fl after 2/11 airfare is $399 one way!! Before that it's $99 (can you believe that?) It must be spring break time! Anyway, question is: isn't 4 nt cruises to Bahamas just too short? Found 5 nt cruise & 6 nt caribbean which went way up in cost. Of the cruisers who have done the 4 nt cruises, did you find them adequate time wise, or are you just getting to wind down and it's all over. Any suggestions on great 5 or 4 nt cruises you took - by the way, we are two females in our 50's - thanks for all your help and info. Linda