Thread: Nippy Cruise!
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 11:23 AM

Default Nippy Cruise!
Just got back from our 9 day Bahama cruise on the Enchantment. When we left Baltimore it was 24 degrees. The first day they had part of the deck blocked off due to ice. Our first stop in Port C it was cool and overcast so we skipped the Orlando theme park thing. On to Key West where we had to wear our winter jackets with wind whipping! On to Nassau for more of the same weather. Our last stop of Cocoa Cay was so bad weatherwise we didn't even brave the tender to the island. Needless to say - our swim suits never came out. We've gone on over 10 cruises and have always been lucky with the weather. I told my wife it's a good thing this wasn't our first cruise as it was a really bad example of what the ports are usually like. We did get caught up on a lot of rest and had great tablemates. We also had the only American captain in the for RCI - Capt. Rob - had him before - he's like Bob Newhart of Captains - very funny. It's a shame that our one cruise of the year was kind of a downer - but as I told my wife - it sure beats working!

Oh yeah - I forgot - what's up with no more chocolates on the pillows?