View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 09:42 AM

Default Jamaica, Grand Cayman & Cozumel
Hello!!

We are going on Freedom of the Seas with Royal Caribbean on March 6. We have cruised before, but have never been to any of these areas.

With Cozumel, we are planning to go to Passion Island. Has anyone been before?

In Grand Cayman, we definitely want to go to the beach, so we were thinking of Seven Mile Beach. I know it is probably tourist-y and possibly crowded. We were planning to just take a taxi from the pier. Any thoughts? We were also thinking about doing snorkeling for a couple hours somewhere else or maybe the Stingray City excursion through the ship.

Jamaica is the one place we're not sure what we want to do. The plan is to go to the new pier in Falmouth. Hopefully it will be ready by then. I've been told to stick with excursions in Jamaica. Right now we're thinking about Dunn's River Falls, but it's along with a trip to Shaw Park Beach. I've heard mixed reviews about Shaw Park and would really like to go to Doctors Cave or a different beach. It seems there wouldn't be enough time for both. So which is a better option: Dunn's River Falls or a nice beach? Is there anything else in Jamaica we should definitely consider?

Thanks in advance for any input you may have.