View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 08:25 AM

Hey gang,

The reality of these programs is that it allows each cruise lines best customers to be recognized, even if in a small way, for their loyalty. I think that is important because, for example, if two people are vying for the same ticket to the ice show, or for preferred dining room seating, or whatever else, it would make more sense to reward the person that has spent literally tens or even hundreds of thousands of dollars with your company over someone who has literally paid a single $549 cruise fare. The same thing happens in pretty much every other industry as well, and cruising should be no different. It's kind of like when you go to your favorite restaurant, it is nice to be recognized by the staff as a frequent flier, so to speak. Would it really be better if they simply said "Good evening" to you and then took $2 of the bill of the guy at the table next to you? In my opinion, no.

It does appear that some folks are a bit disgruntled about the fact that they modified the program, but again, in my opinion, giving someone credit for days spent at sea makes more sense that giving someone on a three day cruise the same credit as someone on an eight day cruise.

One more thing to keep in mind...the cruise industry is still relatively young and I think they should keep fine tuning things in order to provide the best experience for all. Do you know what happens to companies that stagnate and always maintain the status quo? An innovative company like Apple comes along and takes over their market. I think it is a good thing that companies like Royal Caribbean listen to their customers...that is how we end up with awesome ships like Oasis and Allure of the Seas.

Again, just my two cents.

God bless everyone!

Brad