View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmom111 View Post
how much do you have to spend to get to the 1500 point level? Something about this just doesnt sound right. Carnival even has the employees remind you to put the card in. They want that card in the machine for a reason! I dont think they save money by not putting coins in the machines. The employees are there anyway why not let them put the money in. I am a very trusting person, but something about this is wrong, I am just not sure what it is.
Had my math wrong with this. It is 1 point per $2.50 played on the Slots. I was thinking it was 1 for $1. I was wondering why my points were lower than what I thought they should be.

Anyways, to answer the question of how much do you have to spend...It depends on what is being considered as spending. I'll explain.

Say you put 75 cents in and won $4000 and then played it all out on the machines instead of cashing it out. The point count would have reached 1500 by then ($3750 in). This is commonly referred to as "playing on the house's money". In theory you would have only spent 75 cents of your own (out of pocket) money.

That's rarely going to happen in reality, and there are all kinds of mathematical scenarios to this. There is no definitive answer to the question due to the variables involved. The bottom line is to reach 1500 points on the Slots you need $3750 of play through.

Look HERE for the point accumulation details. They say "coin in". It doesn't actually mean putting a coin in. It means Credits played as well. The Ocean Player's Club has been a mess for many years concerning the details about Membership and Benefits. They spun off the Carnival player's to the Carnival Players Club a few years ago. The main Ocean Players Club is still the same though and is inclusive of Carnival Players. This was done due to the varying programs amongst the member Cruise Lines.