View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 05:23 PM

Default NCL minisuites - worth it?
My husband and I are considering a fall cruise this year, and we want to sail out of the East Coast (I don't fly), so our options are limited. We're toying with the idea of NCL Gem to Bermuda in September. We've been on the Gem already and went to Bermuda last fall on Dawn. Honestly, I liked Bermuda OK, but I prefer the island hopping. I loved the Gem, though, and I absolutely adore NCL (this would be our fifth NCL cruise in a row).

So blah blah...my question is, to make the experience a little different, we were considering the deal going on right now where you can get a minisuite for the price of a balcony. Except for on our honeymoon, when we got a balcony, we've always gone with oceanview obstructed or oceanview because we didn't really see the point of spending extra money for a room you're rarely in. But with the deal going on, and the fact we've already been on this ship, it's something we're pondering.

Interested in hearing other people's reactions to the minisuites. What are they like? What do you get? Is it worth it?

Thanks!

Booked on NCL Breakaway, Feb. 2014
Carnival Conquest, Feb. 2012
NCL Gem, Sept. 2011
NCL Jewel, Feb. 2011
NCL Dawn, Sept. 2010
NCL Spirit, Feb. 2010
NCL Gem, March 2009
RCCL Explorer of the Seas, Feb. 2008
Carnival Miracle, May 2007
Carnival Conquest, April 2006
Caribbean Princess, Feb. 2005