View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 03:30 AM

I heard rumors of the ships being moved yesterday before the press release. I thought it was just part of the normal Ship Shuffle. I had no idea they were not going to replace the Elation until I read the official press release.

I certainly can understand the disappointment some folks are feeling with this business decision. I would feel the same way if they pulled out of Charleston. That is unlikely though I hope, as the Fantasy is garnering much higher cruise fares than the Elation did from Mobile. I am not privy to the onboard revenues to make a comparison of them. Another factor may have been the distance the Elation had to sail to her ports and the impact it had on fuel expenditures per sailing. It's always going to come down to the bottom line profitability. I'm not sure the Elation will do all that much better competing with the Fascination from Jacksonville and the Sensation already at Port Canaveral. Then again I don't have a beard or eat tofu.

One would think the Bahamas cruise market would be reaching saturation at this point.