Thread: Whats included?
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2011, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Welcome to CruiseReviews. Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials and honeymoon cruise!

A cruise price includes your cabin, entertainment, most meals, basic beverages. You pay extra for meals in specialty restaurants which are now fairly common on cruise ships. Food in the buffet and main dining room is included in your cruise fare. Ships also have other snack venues such as pizza, burgers, and so forth. These are also included. Royal Caribbean ships have Johnny Rockets, and that does have a small fee, although they also serve burgers and hot dogs in the Windjammer Buffet which are 'free'. An upscale dining experience can be had on ships which have Chops and/or Portofino's, which are extra-fee dining rooms.

Soft drinks and alcohol are not included and you have to pay for them. RCI has a soda package where you pay a set price and get unlimited fountain sodas. They also have a bottled water package and another for juices. RCI just rolled out an alcohol package program, but it is only being done on 3 ships which service the European market - at least for the time being. I suspect that if it proves profitable they will go fleet-wide. It isn't especially cheap. Bar prices on cruise ships are similar to those at resorts and high-end hotels. Around $5 for a beer, $5 to $10 for a cocktail depending on the liquor used, and also $5 to $10 for a glass of wine. A 15% tip is automatically added to each bar purchase.

Tips are also an expense not covered by your cruise fare. The crew makes their money from passenger tips. Look here for the suggested amounts. These can be pre-paid with the booking. If you choose My Time Dining you have to pre-pay all tips. It totals $23.30 per day for a couple, so for a 7 night cruise you have $163 for gratuities.
Dave, thank you for your information. You answered my questions and more. If I have anymore questions I will be sure to come back to you. Thank you once again.