Thread: rude pvp
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casanova frankenstein View Post
I don't understand this
I have a Cruise already reserved at carnival if you mean that PVP is the person that anwser the phone
I already use differents PVP in just this cruise I already call like 8 times
I just call 1-800-carnival and make the changes with the one that answer and I don't really recall any names with all the bookings I made so far I always use the same method with each one of my cruises.

what I really like to know if this is some form of trying to get your personal info for a identity theft or something like that this sounds a little strange for my taste...
Hey Cas, A PVP means "Personal Vacation Planner". These people work in a different capacity than the regular 1-800 people that answer the general reservation phone line. They are assigned to handle your booking personally. The people that answer the 1-800 general reservation number do not keep up with you personally.

I don't think they are trying to get your personal information, as they would most likely have it already. I think they are just being persistent to keep their people who book through them. I would say clients, but that would be inappropriate as these people do not have an Agency/Client relationship with the guests. They are Employees of Carnival.

An Agent on the other hand is obligated to look after your best interests not the company's. It is called a Fiduciary responsibility under the law. In other words, they have an obligation to look after your best interests.

Sorry to get all technical, but some people really get this confused.

Also read THIS from Kuki at our sister site.

Dwayne