View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 06:38 AM

Thanks Janfred!

I really enjoyed composing it as well. I literally could have gone on for multiple pages, but, I really did run out of time. I also meant every word. The longer the cruise, the better, in my opinion. One of the greatest feelings is when you wake up on day three of a seven day cruise and feel like you have already had the vacation of a lifetime, then do a quick calculation and realize that your cruise is really just getting started!

It is interesting to me that I really don't like being around groups of people at all during my everyday life, but for some reason, when I am on a cruise, I don't mind being surrounded by other passengers. A lot of folks complain about the crowded pool deck on sea days, yet, I say "The more the merrier" during those times. I guess it just feels good on a warm sunny day at sea being surrounded by other people enjoying their cruise, and to me, that is what it is all about. I have enough headaches and problems with work and managing a houseful of children when I am at home, so when I am on vacation, I don't want to worry about anything but having a great time.

The other thing that always gets me going is when people complain about the cruise line trying to make money. If they simply stop and think about it, the reason that cruises are such an affordable vacation is because of the fact that they can make up revenue in other areas, such as alcohol sales. Those things are a matter of choice and you always have the option to say "No." I will even be happy to tell someone "No" twice, but if they continue, then that is moving towards harassment and that I might complain about, but it has never happened.

Anyway, once again, thanks for the stimulating thread and God bless you all!

Brad