View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011, 12:33 PM

Hi MarkandPam, and welcome to cruise-chat. Like others stated, wear shoes that have already been broken in. I haven't done a Mediterranean cruise, but it sounds exciting and fun!

As far as the wine packages, it depends on how much you think you'll drink. I haven't bought any, as I was just by myself on the cruises I've went on, and tried various wines each night at dinner. I didn't want to buy a bottle, and limit myself to just that type of wine each night. Yes, it is cheaper maybe than buying a glass or two each night at dinner, but if you're like me, I wanted to try different wines each night, and not limit myself to just the bottle I bought if I did it that way. Personally, I like just about any type of red wine, but not so much white wine.

Maybe someone else can shed some light on this, but I'm not sure if they'll let you take the bottle of wine back to your cabin after dinner. I know if you purchase wine at a port of call (on shore), you have to let them know, and they will store it for you, and it will be returned to you on the last night of the cruise.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)