View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 07:29 PM

Thumbs up
We were on the same cruise, and I can agree with some of the complaints -- but all in all, I thought it was a good cruise. The Horizon buffet is just not designed that well. It's very hard to keep from bumping into each other. That said, we would just go to the dining room where I thought the meals were quite good. Especially the dinners.

Service overall was good. Our cabin steward was teriffic, as well as our waiter and his assistant. We found a bar on the ship that we liked very much and enjoyed the company of one of the best bartenders I have had in 24 cruises.

As to the itinerary, I thought it was great, and it was the luck-of-the-draw that we booked this cruise because it won't be doing this same trip again. The Tracy Arm Fjord was fantastic. In fact, I think it's more impressive than Glacier Bay. The highlight was Icy Strait Point and the village of Hoonah -- home of the highest and longest zip line ride in the world. The people there were so friendly, and it didn't hurt that the weather was perfect.

So, was the cruise good? I think it was. Sure, the sickness put a damper on things, but I think Princess did a very good job of keeping the outbreak down to a minimum. With Princess, you kind of get what you pay for. Don't expect the same cruise as say "Crystal" for Love-Boat prices. Again, I thought it was a good cruise, and I would recommed it to others -- especially if you live in the Bay Area and don't want the hassle of dealing with the airport drill.