View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 03:26 PM

Default quick review of Allure of the seas (just got back)
As far as the Wow factor goes, there are no other ships that come close to the allure of the seas or oasis of the seas. I just got back Sunday from a 7 day trip in the western caribbean so a lot is fresh on my mind.
Even after the 5th day of the cruise, I was still finding other areas of the ship I did not see and I did not experience everything there was to do. I will not repeat what others who have done a much better job going into great detail about all the things to see and do, but instead I will say this is the kind of ship that you really do not need to actually go anywhere. I personally am tired of the caribbean(I live in florida-have the basic same weather and beaches), so just enjoying the ship was good enough for us.

Probably the next best thing about this class of ship is the entertainment. Maybe because they have over 6000 passengers, they can afford to turn the entertainment up a notch. All the shows (chicago, oceanaria, headliner, comedy, blue planet were absolutely incredible.

I have only one thing negative to say about the larger ships (freedom of the seas through allure of the seas). They all have very bland food including the pastries (cookies,cakes,etc.). I have heard this from others as well. Maybe it is because it is too hard to produce tasty food for such large numbers of passengers. They have a wide variety of food, but I got tired of the same food offered for breakfast and lunch in the windjammer. Maybe like another reviewer said, it is probably so you will spend the extra money to go to the specialty restaurants.

Anyway other than the food, the ship, entertainment, and service was very good.