View Single Post
Old 06-26-2011, 03:58 PM
Administrator

Default We have returned from the Allure!
Just in the door from a wonderful 7 nights aboard Allure Of The Seas. What a fabulous crew. Every one of them, and I mean everyone, was helpful and cheerful. I don't think I have ever done a cruise where the crew was so uniformly upbeat.

Weather was phenomenal. I don't think I can ever cruise on RCI again without having concierge lounge access. I was definitely spoiled. Alas, I'll have to do without it on the Liberty this coming December for the Rock Legends charter cruise.

Food was good in the dining room and the service was outstanding. I was a bit disappointed with Chops. Slow service and some items were cold when delivered. Johnny Rockets also was plagued by glacially slow service although the food was fine. It took 1 hour and 40 minutes for us to have lunch there, and all we had was the plate of fries/rings and a burger. Nothing special.

Shows were fantastic. Okay, I am not a fan of Chicago but the performers were wonderful. Blue Planet was my favorite.

I'll have a complete review soon, but suffice to say we were quite pleased with this cruise although we were ready for it to end. I think they'd have to cart me off in a stretcher if I did a back-to-back.