View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 01:35 PM

Default How do Allure and celebrity eclipse compare?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCruise View Post
Wow....what a great cruise! I'm horrible at writing reviews so, here's my take.

Embarkation: a breeze! We arrived at 11 a.m and was onboard by 11:30. We quickly went to the Park cafe for a light lunch of salad and a roast beef sandwich. Great!

Stateroom: 6170 (D8). Very comfortable balcony cabin on Deck 6. They did move the electrical outlets to the top of the table for much easier use vs. on the Oasis. Also, added an i-pod docking station.

Shows: Chicago is great with a wonderful cast, a must see. Oceanaria is also a must see, spectacular diving. We also, saw Taylor Swift in concert at the aqua theater. Though I've never been a big fan, she puts on a great show. We were very impressed.

Dining Room: We had table 131, table for 6. Food was very good! The only downer on this cruise was our wait staff...very, very slow. Some of what I am fixing to say are very small items but certainly a change from what we are used to seeing in the DR. Three nights, we waited 45 minutes to receive our appetizers. Other tables were well into their main course before we received ours (appetizers). Unused wine glasses were never removed from our table which made it very crowded. Sometimes we went 10-15 minutes before we would see our waiter much less the asst. waiter. . Glasses set empty, no bread ....no, well....nothing. The alternative menu was not included some nights, the ever present "would you like some pepper" never happened, the next day briefing was non-existant. We saw the head waiter only twice. Really weird experience. In all fairness, one of the couples were on a B2B and said the previous weeks experience was fantastic but, they sat at a different table.

Breakfast: We ate breakfast three mornings in the concierge lounge. That was pretty good. Three mornings from room service on our balcony and once in the Jammer the morning we got off the ship. That was also the only time we set foot in the Jammer.

Samba Grill: The dining highlight of our cruise. Fabulous! This is in the Solarium. You start out with a salad, soup and appetizer buffet. That is followed by a NINE meat variety brought one at a time to your table on the skewer where they carve it off for you. Way to much food...bring an appetite. The dancer was fabulous there also.

Giovanni's Table: We ate there for lunch and also dinner. Great food and service both times.

Chops: all I'm going to say is MMMMMMMMMMMMM!

Rita's Cantina: Very enjoyable and we thought the food was very good. The service was very slow but, they were extremely busy.

The weather was perfect with smooth sailing all week.

On Labadee we rented a cabana and loved every minute of that. Lunch there was very good. In Costa Maya, we went to the fishing village, found a couple of nice open air bars and enjoyed a beer or two along with some chips, guacamole and shrimp. On Cozumel, we hit a couple of our favorite spots to eat and basically just loafed around...........

We did express departure and was through customs by 6:45.

I'll be more than happy to answer any questions that anyone may have.
how do allure and celebrity eclipse compare?