View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011, 02:15 PM

Default Back from the Epic
Hi Everyone,

Just returned from the Epic - Mediterranean Cruise - July 10 to 17th. We had a pre-cruise trip to Paris and Barcelona and then the cruise. It was an amazing trip.

It was my 8th NCL cruise and I loved many things about the Epic.

The bathroom issue wasn't an issue at all for us. The curtain served its purpose and the sink was just fine. Lots of storage and the balcony was a little bigger than others we've had.

The entertainment was excellent and we did pre-book our entertainment. We used the NCL shore excursions for Florence/Pisa; Rome; Naples -- and although they were pricey, they were just excellent. Our guides were so knowlegeable and personable. The lunches they provided were also great. In Florence we actually ate at a restaurant in a palace.

No problems with embarkation or getting off at the ports or even on the last day which was surprising with so many people. Only once did we have a more challenging time getting the chairs on the pool deck we wanted. There were others available, just not in the area we wanted. Spice is a nice place to get away from all the little ones for a little while.

The restaurants were just excellent, and again, we never had a wait to be seated. We must have picked good times to eat, I guess.

We had a great room steward who tended our room very well, emptied the mini fridge, brought us robes and kept things looking great.

It was a great experience to be on such a ship as the Epic.
Judy