View Single Post
Old 08-28-2011, 07:15 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
We'll never know the specific breakdown, but I'd like to know how many had checked in but were stranded when the ships left early. The news story makes it sound like everyone was still flying in and I don't think that is the case.
I agree, Dave. Even on our last cruise, we checked in and then left the ship for a couple of hours to explore Montreal. And, we've done the same in the past when sailing from San Juan... the location of the cruise terminal makes this easy to do.

My question is what, if anything, Royal Caribbean did to alert the pax that there may be an early departure. According to the timeline, the ship ended up leaving at 5:30 pm. Say someone boarded at 2:30, then went ashore. Certainly, as Cas mentioned, there was widespread knowledge that the storm was on its way. Did they prevent pax from leaving? Did they let them know somehow (such as handing out a piece of paper upon boarding) that this was a possibility? Did they do anything like blast the ship's whistles to announce an all-aboard, and communicate this to pax?

As some have said, there are a lot of unanswered questions. Yet, if there is one thing I have learned, it's to have my passport on me, just in case.