Thread: New to cruising
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2011, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeadBabe View Post
I always prebook my excursions. That being said, I rarely if ever, use the cruise ship's excursions. I do some research and find a local tour operator. I find self made folks that are in business for themselves, and usually save a bunch of money!

Don't let the cruise lines scare tactics get to you. These private companies WILL get you back on board on time. Let's face it, if they didn't, they'd get bad reviews, and wouldln't be in business long!
NOTE: While a private company may have every intent to get you back to the ship on time, extenuating circumstances may prevent them from doing so. If these same extenuating circumstances happened with a ships tour, the ship does know how many people they have out on their tours, and the tour operator contacts the ship. When individuals go out on their own, the ship doesn't know where you are or what has happened. For all they know, you've decided to stay on the island. Taking an independent tour is an individuals choice and perfectly fine as long as they understand and accept the responsibility and any consequences.