View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 09:30 AM

Default Cruise out of Miami in 2 weeks and plans not finalized
We are flying into FLL and cruising out of Miami. Our original plan was to take a shuttle to our hotel (not booked yet) and spend 2 days down in the Bayside Marketplace area but all the hotels in our budget are booked. I have looked into rental cars and many are now charging a drop off fee. Thrifty which we use all the time wants $175.00 to drop off at the port of Miami plus the rental fees. Thought of driving to Key West and staying there but not paying $175.00 drop off fee. I am running out of time and options. We used a shuttle company a few years ago from FLL to Miami and everything went smooth for our party of 13 but cannot remember the company name. One of the moderators recommended the company. Also thought of staying by the Miami airport and taking a taxi to the port but not much to do within walking distance. Also thinking of trying the rail system to Miami. Any suggestions would be appreciated. This is a last minute cruise decision. I do not usually wait this long to finalize plans.