View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 10:06 PM

Default New ideas for Grand Cayman and Cozumel for veteran cruisers
Greetings!

I'm leaving on New Year's Eve for Grand Cayman and Cozumel on the Carnival Paradise. I've already been to these ports of call and I'm interested in new ideas. My husband and I typically do not participate in the ship excursions as we prefer to experience authentic travel as opposed to typical tourist activities. We LOVE snorkeling and we wll be with our parents who scuba (I have a ruptured ear drum). We also enjoy finding quiet, off the beaten path places to visit and beaches. I could enjoy horseback riding. Anything that is truly unique is what we will want to do. We are also adventure seekers - love an excellent hike to a waterfall, we've been swimming with Whale Sharks and Dolphins - so I don't really need to do that again.

Grand Cayman
When I was there last, we did Sting Ray City and it was amazing. Is it better to snorkel in Cozumel? Should I just make Grand Cayman a relaxing beach day? Is there something else truly unique to do?

Cozumel
We rented a jeep and we drive to Playa Palancar and hired the boat to take us snorkeling. One of the greatest experiences of my life. Could consider going back to Palancar; but is there another beach that I could drive to that is similar to Palancar (not a big beer fest or party scene - just laid back and quiet restaurant on the beach) in which we could hire a boat for snorkeling? Is there something elese we can do in Cozumel?