View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_49 View Post
Hello, I will be arriving at Katakolo port in Greece on the 26/7/2012 onboard the Norwegian Jade, is it possible for someone to give me information about taxi rentals in the area as well as prices? Thank you
There will be a few taxis at the port, but keep in mind its first come first serve. Depending on a taxi is always a bit risky since there is no guarantee you will even get a taxi and the fares are negotiable and dictated somewhat by supply and demand. The price you pay will be dependent on how many hours (and miles) and your negotiating skill....but you can easily spend over 100 Euros. I guess the question is what you want a taxi to do? If you simply want to go to Olimpia you could probably do that much cheaper by train (not sure of the current train schedule). For simply driving around and exploring the region we personally prefer to simply rent a car. If you do want a car I provide you with the name and link to a local rental car company that is located a 5 min walk from the ship.

Hank