Thread: Ocho Rios
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 10:28 AM

I hear ya ... how times have changed everywhere!! LOL!! But, it is sad ... Jamaica is such a beautiful place. Way back (I think in the 80s as well) we went to Montego Bay ... Stayed at Rose Hall for a week ... it was lovely ... we even took the BUS to go to the straw market(and thought it was a riot when people got on with chickens!) ... walked everywhere. Have pictures with the lady at the straw market that sold us hats, purses, etc. and had no pressure to buy anything. The only person we had stop us was a guy wanting to give us some aloe from the plant in case we got sunburned!! Sure was nice! Wouldn't do that today. When we went on a cruise for the 1st time since then to Jamaica ... can't remember which port at the time, but we got a cab (JUTA as recommended) and went to some beach I had read about ... he wouldn't wait or come back for us ... the beach was awful and nothing like I had read ... we walked a long way with many hassles and ended up finally getting a cab and just went back to the ship. The last time had a wonderful time coming into Falmouth and doing the Chukka horseback ride and swim, no problem. Due to the circumstances, first looked at the all inclusive and they have good reviews, something we might like to try. Thing is, the ship is leaving so early, it's really not worth the $ for us this time ... maybe next time. $65 pp for just breakfast, the beach and think we'd only have like little more than 2 hours. This Island Village and Margaritaville sounds like it will work very nicely for us this time.