View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 05:49 PM

Post Taking train from Cannes port to Monte Carlo
Instructions to get from Cannes port by train to Monte Carlo - I received some info. before from others for instructions so I hope this helps someone else.
It is about 30- 40 minutes to get to train station by foot from the ship. It really is best to come out of the port and take a local bus.

When you come out from the ship and follow the walkway you will see a beach on the left hand side. You will see a kind of square where there are drinks and tickets for other things. Cross over the streets and you will go the the right and follow the street called " Rue Georges Clemenceau". Follow that street and stay on left side up a few minutes and you will get to "Place B. Cornut Gentille" where a bunch of buses leave. You will see Hotel De Ville across the way.
We took Bus #1 but I think you can take 2 or 20 as well.

We asked bus driver to go to train station and he said yes. Train station name is: Gare SCNF.
Pay the driver 1 Euro and then you will see a blue ticket validator just past driver that you put your ticket in to validate. Bus ride was about 10 minutes and stops right in front of station.

We bought a family pass train ticket which was 14 euro for 2 of us unlimited train journeys for the day. This was cheaper then buying single tickets at 8.60 each. It was a summer offer from June 2012 to Sept. 2012.

When we got to train station I used the automatic ticket machine (must use a credit card like Visa/MC that has a PIN - no AMEX) and there was a lady from the train station who helped purchase ticket.

It was about 45 minute train and 15 stops from Cannes.