View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 10:46 AM

Question Newbie questions about Nassau shore excursions
Hello! My 19 yo daughter and myself (55) are taking a short cruise out of Miami next month, the first port of call is Nassau. We've never cruised, and are very confused about this business of choosing and pre-booking shore excursions.

First, almost all the 'cool' excursions (per my dd) are water-based, and I'm afraid it will be too chilly in late Dec. to enjoy these. If so, no refunds, right? The Atlantis ones especially are pricey.

Next, what if I don't prebook and wait to do this on the ship or even (possible?) once we get to Nassau. This would allow me to see what the weather will be--but are the likely to be sold out? I do want to avoid disappointment if possible.

Also, is it possible to book excursions similar to the ones offered through RC, are they cheaper, and if so can you recommend an agency you've had good experience with?

Has anyone done the Atlantis Ultimate Tour NSE9? This involves snuba and the water park--what do you think of this for a 55 yo woman who can swim but is not particularly athletic?

Finally, what else is there to do in Nassau that doesn't involve water, in case it's really chilly? Is the shopping good or is it touristy stuff?

I appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks for reading!

Kathy