View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 06:11 PM

Smile Norwegian Dawn to Western Caribbean
I spent the first full week of December 2012 cruising the Western Caribbean with stops in Roatan, Honduras; Belize City, Belize; Costa Maya, Mexico; and Cozumel, Mexico. The weather was mild and the seas moderate throughout the cruise. This was My 5th cruise aboard the Dawn.....this voyage was in a Balcony Cabin on Deck 9 Forward.

The Dawn remains in fine condition with only minor touchups needed from her Boston to Bermuda season. The repositioning cruise which ran from Quebec to Tampa and sailing through the remnants of Hurricane Sandy did leave its marks upon the Dawn but the wear and tear is negligible and should be corrected by January. Balcony Railings appear to need resurfacing in many spots and the sliding doors on the balconies can use a good shot of lubricant. There is some minor buckling in the surface of the deck nearest the starboard side of the main swimmming pool on Deck 12.....this has been covered over with a mat and does not seem to be much of a problem...until someone trips!!! A few strokes with a paintbrush on a few balconies would cover any blemishes left over from the recent rough sea duty the ship has been through!! The Dawn retains her unique ambiance that invites repeat cruisers back...again and again!!

Meals were tasty and the offerings in all dining rooms were plentiful this includes the Specialty Restaurants I attended....this cruise it was Le Bistro and Cagney's. Buffet offerings were......good quality and the lines were short......Love those Omelette Stations!! In a buffet one must expect to wait a few minutes in line for custom ordered items....the wait was never too long!!

The crew and the staff remain of the same excellent quality the Dawn has enjoyed over the years and like myself...she continues to enjoy the loyalty of a higher than average number of repeat cruisers. I met several individuals who have 10+ cruises aboard her...she remains my favorite ship by far...the Dawn has never lost her unique ambiance over the years.

Entertainment was exceptional...though Bollywood and Fountains are more than a bit dated and NCL would do well to bring some new shows aboard. The Las Vegas Entertainer of the year for 2009,2010 and 2011 Greg London was aboard and filled the Main Theater to capacity with each and every show....he mixed constantly with the passengers and the crew thoughout the cruise and made a host of new fans......I look forward to seeing him in Vegas in the near future!!!

My Lady and I are booked aboard the Dawn again in May to Bermuda......WE have 3 other cruises on other cruiselines before then but returning to the Norwegian Dawn will be like returning to Our home upon Mother Ocean! She is an excellent choice for a first time or an experienced cruiser....and...with a few minor adjustments appearance wise...she can shine with the best of the cruiseships.....She is a ship where lifelong friendships can still be made.....She retains her own personality....in an age of ever increasingly larger vessels...the Dawn is a friendly Island in the Stream!!

Bon Voyage,

BillyBuzzy

Last edited by billybuzzy; 12-12-2012 at 06:35 PM. Reason: typo