View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 04:57 PM

Thumbs up Newbes
My favorite is Royal Caribbean. Each line has similiar items, and different at the same time. I am 65, and my wife is 58, and as such, we do as much or as little as we wish, both on and off the ship. Neither of us drink much, and in our opinion the food is very good. Fancy, but not too fancy. I would say that price really depends on two things; cabin design, and time of the year (i.i balcony vs Jr. Suite or inside cabin, and May or June vs September or Oct. We usually cruise in early fall (Sept) and would expect to pay in the neighborhood of $1500 to $1900 each for a Jr. Suite, $1000 to $$1300 for a balcony on Freedom. If you go on Royal Caribbean's web Site, you can search by several items; where to, where from, which ship, and time of year. After search button, several will appear. Surf the web page and most of the things you wish to know will be answered. Also, you can contact a travel agent who deals in cruises and learn a ton. Or, just keep asking here, and we'll all try to help. My favorite cruise so far will be a Western Caribbean Cruise; but I have a repositioning cruise coming up for 13 days next year that I can hardly wait for. Southern caribbean ports we've not been to before, and almost 6 days at sea (my favorite).