View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 08:17 PM

Default Golden Princess Questions
Hi everyone.

I know it's been awhile since I've posted, but I do have some questions. I'm looking into the possibility of an Alaskan cruise, but I do have some questions. I think I have it narrowed down to the Golden Princess roundtrip from Seattle, leaving August 25th.

Being it's an Alaskan cruise, and I may bring a friend with me, I was thinking about getting a balcony stateroom. It's a bit tight financially, but I think I can afford it. I was looking into a forward balcony stateroom, as those are the best value. I know they're probably the furthest from the public areas, but aside from that, are there any other disadvantages to booking one of those, as opposed to one closer to the middle of the ship? I was looking at one on Deck 10, I think, to avoid noise from above and below, since those are staterooms on those decks, according to the Princess website.

I thought about just doing an inside or ocean view stateroom, then just going to the lounges or open decks for the glacier days. While this is less expensive, I know it's probably more crowded in those areas, which is why I was leaning towards a balcony cabin. Also, those of you that have done similar cruises, is there a better view / scenery on either side? I was thinking the starboard (right side), so we could look at the glaciers as we leave Seattle and head north.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)