Thread: Luggage tags
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooddon View Post
THese are all great ideas. However my travel agent as well the checkin person at Air Canada also advise me to make sure that these luggage tags are already on our suit cases before checking in at the airport. The reason is that if your luggage is not found once you arrive at the airport, then they will send it direct to the ship after they find it instead of sending it back to your orginial destination which is your home. I never knew about this until these two people advuise me about this. The last time we went the check in agent at the airport made sure that the ship luggage tags were on each suitcase before she put it on the belt.
Ah, that is good advice. I was wondering whether or not to do that, in case the baggage scanners misread the tag, even though I know it would just get hand scanned (barcode scanners at the airport reading the luggage tag instead of the airline tag). Those of you that are interested, here is a link showing the basics of what happens after you drop your luggage at the ticket counter. This is for the Seattle airport (Sea-Tac, as the locals call it), but it's probably similar at most airports.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)