Thread: Carnival Legend
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 01:49 PM

Default No worries!
Please do not listen to negative reviews. I think some people can only see the negative in situations & are difficult to please. My family & I went on the Legend last September & had a great time.

No, she is not the newest, largest, or most beautiful ship I have been on but all in all I still think she is a great ship. It had a nice layout & was easy to find our way around. Some of the decoration was a little over the top but who cares? I think it all just adds to the experience.

Check out the spa. There are steam rooms & saunas for use in the male & female locker rooms & a wonderful whirlpool tub that over looks the gym and the front of the ship. Most people do not even know its there & we had it generally to ourselves (except at the end of the week when our secret was out).

I would definitely recommend the steakhouse too. It is most definitely worth the money. We always go there at least one night.

The food for the most part is pretty good. Some nights are better than others. Try the pizza in the buffet and the grill out by the pool. My kids went crazy for the chicken fingers w/ honey mustard and both ate their weight in ice cream & French fries!

As far as excursion: In Cozumel we booked the beginner snorkel trip thru Carnival. Awesome time and very reasonably priced. In Grand Cayman- We booked the 7 mile beach trip & it was awesome! In Roatan there is no need to book anything as the beach is right off the ship w/ shops, bars, & restaurants. The beach chairs are free & 1st come 1st serve so get off the ship early if you want one! The only disappointing port was Belize you are tendered in from far away (about a 30 minute ride) & once there it is just a few shops. Next time we will not even get off & just enjoy the pool.

Have a wonderful time on your cruise. Just relax & go with the flow. You are on a tropical vacation. Drink a fruity libation with an umbrella, read a book, judge a belly flop contest. Go see a comedian. Eat a few too many desserts and just enjoy the moments! Bon Voyage & smooth sailing! <3 Amy
2012- Carnival Legend
2011- Carnival Spirit
2009- RCCL Mariner
2007- RCCL Vision
2007- RCCL Monarch
2005- RCCL Vision
2000- Princess Dawn