View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 11:08 AM

I am currently using the wifi on the plane on my phone so my post may be shorter than usual.

I know what you mean about packing too much. We learned our lesson about 7 or 8 cruises ago and do much better now. I limit everyone to one suitcase that they can manage themselves plus one garment bag for all to share, which I end up carrying. After being stuck behind several thousand other people trying to get through customs, I insist on the self debarkation option. I could not believe that we walked off and got all the way to the taxi stand without ever waiting on anyone. I think it helped that we went to the gangway before they made the first announcement.

To answer your question, Sonny, I did purchase two future cruise bookings while on board, but I have not made any specific arrangements yet. Since my oldest daughter is going off to college, we don't know when she will be available yet. Of course, we know when the scheduled breaks are, however, she is running cross country, indoor track and outdoor track at a division I university, so she will not be completely off during the usual breaks. We may end up having to go without her, but I am not sure if she could forgive us for that!

We have cruised on the Freedom and the Navigator over Thanksgiving the last two years and may consider something like that again. I would love to go back on the Allure again ASAP.

Oh well, we will have to wait and see.

Brad