View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 05:46 AM

Now I'm back from my cruise on the Summit I thought I'd share a few thoughts with you.
Embarkation went smoothly enough, there was a bit of a line but it wasn't too long before I was on board and then made my way to the pool deck to relax until the announcement came that the staterooms were ready.

This cruise I had a stateroom with balcony. There was plenty of room for the two of us and plenty of storage space for our clothes and the empty cases went nicely under the bed. Our steward had left the newsletter on the bed and that told us the muster drill was at 4:15PM.

The muster drill seemed amazingly quick....my muster station was in the Celebrity theatre (which we attended without lifejackets) & as soon as everyone appeared to be there ....no messing about.. no delay...3 crew were on the stage with a quick but proper demonstration of how to put on your life jacket etc and then we were told we could go.

Discovered 2 tables where you could ask about and book for the speciality restaurants and decided to have a meal in Normandie. As I had made a firm booking they offered me a good discount if I also made a booking for Qsine....I was tempted because janfreds post was so positive but decided to try it next time I'm on a Celebrity cruise.

For those that smoke the permitted smoking areas are:
Deck 4 Portside ( open deck )
Pool Deck (Deck 10) Portside
Sunset Bar (Deck 10) aft Portside
Mast Bar (Deck 11 ) Portside
The area for cigar smokers is Sunset Bar ( Deck 10 ) aft Portside

I don't smoke and was fine about smokers in those areas....it didn't seem to be that smokey even when I was in a smoking area

more to follow shortly